5 Proven Exercises to Alleviate Low Back Pain and Improve Function
Low back pain is a common condition that affects many people. It can be caused by a variety of factors, including poor posture, muscle strain, and injury. Regular exercise is one of the most effective ways to manage low back pain and reduce the risk of further injury. Here are 5 exercises that can help alleviate low back pain and improve overall function:
It's important to note that these exercises are general recommendations and it's always best to consult with a healthcare professional before starting any new exercise program. A healthcare professional can help you determine the cause of your low back pain and develop an exercise program that is tailored to your specific needs.
If you have chronic low back pain, click on the button below to book an appointment.
- The management of low back pain. National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence (NICE) guideline [CG88]. Published: May 2009.
- Global Recommendations on Physical Activity for Health. World Health Organization. Geneva, Switzerland, 2010.
- O'Sullivan P, Côté P, Cassidy JD, et al. Classifications of low back-related leg pain—A Delphi study. European Spine Journal. 2018; 27(7): 1875-1887.
- European guidelines for the management of chronic nonspecific low back pain. European Back Pain Research and Education Platform. 2021
- Maher CG, Underwood M, Buchbinder R. Non-specific low back pain. Lancet. 2018; 392(10155): 2368-2383.